The Accounting and Financial Reporting Division of the Finance Department oversees various functions and business cycles of the City of Clayton. These processes include, but are not limited to: maintaining detailed financial records; accounts payable, accounts receivable/receipts, payroll, fixed asset, and capital project management; financial planning, forecasting and reporting; banking; annual audit; and debt administration.
General Accounting Services
- Prepare the annual financial statements of the City and Financing Authority.
- Coordinate the annual audit of the financial statements of the City and Financing Authority.
- Administer the City’s Mello-Roos Community Facilities District special parcel taxes and Benefit Assessment Districts.
- Prepare annual Development Impact Fees (AB 1600) Report.
- Prepare annual State Controller’s Report and other reports as required to external agencies.
- Update the Master Fee Schedule on an annual basis.
- Process payroll bi-weekly, issue vendor payments each City Council meeting (every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month unless cancelled), and track and collect accounts receivable daily.
- Manage the City’s fixed asset inventory.
- Manage financial records of the City’s capital projects.
- Provide in-house payroll services and assist Human Resources with employee benefits administration, and
- Administer accounts payable, issuing vendor checks each City Council meeting (every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month unless cancelled).