Accounting & Financial Reporting
The Accounting and Financial Reporting Division of the Finance Department oversees various functions and business cycles of the City of Clayton. These processes include, but are not limited to: maintaining detailed financial records; accounts payable, accounts receivable/receipts, payroll, fixed asset, and capital project management; financial planning, forecasting and reporting; banking; annual audit; and debt administration.
General Accounting Services
- Prepare the annual financial statements of the City and Financing Authority.
- Coordinate the annual audit of the financial statements of the City and Financing Authority.
- Administer the City’s Mello-Roos Community Facilities District special parcel taxes and Benefit Assessment Districts.
- Prepare annual Development Impact Fees (AB 1600) Report.
- Prepare annual State Controller’s Report and other reports as required to external agencies.
- Update the Master Fee Schedule on an annual basis.
- Process payroll bi-weekly, issue vendor payments each City Council meeting (every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month unless cancelled), and track and collect accounts receivable daily.
- Manage the City’s fixed asset inventory.
- Manage financial records of the City’s capital projects.
- Provide in-house payroll services and assist Human Resources with employee benefits administration, and
- Administer accounts payable, issuing vendor checks each City Council meeting (every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month unless cancelled).