Close this search box.

Engineering and Public Works

Construction Activity Permit

The City of Clayton is responsible for inspecting all construction sites and ensuring stormwater pollution prevention facilities are in place and being maintained in proper working order. The City is also responsible for ensuring contractors are implementing stormwater pollution prevention Best Management Practices (BMPs). In order to recover the costs associated with these inspections and any necessary follow-up or enforcement, inspection fees and deposits are required.

A Construction Activity Permit (CAP) is required for any projects disturbing the ground in excess of 500 square feet or for small projects without ground disturbance but require the storage of construction materials onsite. The Construction Activity Permit also includes encroachment permits for any work to be performed in the public right-of-way. The application form for a Construction Activity Permit details the requirements, inspections, and costs of the Permit.

Skip to content