Clayton Police Department
Thank you for visiting our website. The Clayton Police Department has been proudly serving the Clayton community since 1972. The members of the department work diligently to deliver quality service to the residents and visitors of Clayton. We strive to keep criminal activity at a minimum, provide for the safety of the motoring public, and make your time in Clayton safe and enjoyable.
I am honored to work with the women and men of the Clayton Police Department. Our success is measured by your satisfaction of the services we provide. Please let us know how we are doing by contacting us with your comments or concerns.
The mission of the Clayton Police Department is to provide competent, effective public safety services to all persons, with the highest regard for human dignity through professional, ethical law enforcement practices. The Clayton Police Department will carry out its responsibilities with integrity, and in a manner which enhances the quality of life in Clayton.
The vision of the Clayton Police Department is a community protected and served by a quality police force, prepared and expertly trained to protect life and property, working as a cohesive team of proud professionals who have earned the respect of our citizens and other law enforcement agencies.
- We value the sanctity and protection of human life and adherence to constitutional principles as our highest priority.
- We value the oath we took to uphold the constitution and enforce the law with integrity and professionalism in all aspects of our service.
- We value our community, its residents and natural resources and our role in preserving a safe environment.
- We value the citizens of our community and encourage their involvement in matters that directly affect the safety and quality of their neighborhood and their lives.
- We value professional and personal conduct which is both honest and ethical.
- We value the opportunity to grow and advance with the support and encouragement of our agency to improve in an atmosphere free from harassment or discrimination.
- We value a work environment that is free of harassment and unlawful discrimination.
- We value open communication, innovation, diversity and accountability.
- We value employee involvement in decision making.
- We value our fellow employees, recognizing that the human resource is our greatest asset.
- We value one another.
Police Department Contact Information
Police Administration: Phone (925) 673-7350 Fax (925) 672-1429
Information, inquiries, vacation house checks, RV permits
Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Non-Emergency Police Dispatch: (925) 603-5993
Emergency Dispatch: 911
Email: Monitored during standard business hours Claytonpolice@claytonpd.com