Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Traffic Safety


RV Permits

The parking of Recreational Vehicles (RV’s) on the City of Clayton’s public streets and roads, without a Temporary Parking Permit, is prohibited and a violation of Section 10.41.030 of the Clayton Municipal Code. In the past, RV owners could lawfully park their RV’s for up to 72 hours without a parking permit. However, because of numerous complaints regarding the parking of RVs on public streets, all RVs must display a Temporary Parking Permit. As a result, and in order to lawfully park your RV on the public streets or roads, all RV’s must display a Temporary Parking Permit.

A Temporary Parking Permit may be obtained by contacting the Police Department at (925) 673-7350, or by clicking on the permit application below. There is no fee for the permit. For a nominal fee, guests of a Clayton resident can park on the public street or road for up to 10 days after obtaining a Temporary Guest Parking Permit. The Temporary Parking Permit will allow the owner of a RV to legally park on the public streets or roads for up to 72 hours before and for up to an additional 72 hours after each trip. The permit must be displayed on the RV’s dash board and be plainly visible.

As a reminder, RV’s can still be parked on private property for up to 120 hours (five days) without a permit. Pick-up trucks with camper shells are not included in this new RV Ordinance.

Bicycle Licenses

A bicycle license can be procured from the Clayton Police Department for a fee of $3. Please bring details of your bicycle with you such as serial number, make, model, description and frame size. Most of these details can be found on your sales receipt, if in your possession.

Correctible Citations

If you have a moving citation that was marked correctible by the officer, you may come to the police department to have your citation signed off. The cost of this service is $28. If you are a Clayton resident or you have a Clayton ticket that was issued to you, there is no cost for the sign-off of the citation by a Clayton officer. Tickets that are marked correctible for “no insurance” (CVC 16028) will not be signed off by our department. These tickets need to be signed off by the courts. If you need to reach traffic court for more information on a citation that was issued to you, the office is located at 2970 Willow Pass Road in Concord. The phone number for traffic court is 925-646-5404.

Parking Tickets

If you are interested in paying or contesting a parking ticket that you have received from our department, please contact Data Ticket at 1-800-989-2058.